Microsoft released the Windows Phone App for Windows 8, which complements the new UI. It is a slight shift from the Zune App for windows. The app is a slim down version and supposedly works on windows phone 8 and 7.8 devices.
Your computer and your Windows Phone 8 work together seamlessly with the Windows Phone app so you always have your photos, videos, music and more right where you want them.
- Get your music, photos and videos from your computer to your phone (and vice versa).
- Quickly share things from your phone with Windows 8 apps (like Photos or Search). You don’t even have to open the Windows Phone app to move things around.
- Automatically save photos and videos you take with your phone to your PC.
- See at a glance how much space you’re using for each type of content, so it’s easy to make sure you never run out of room on your phone.
- Get to WindowsPhone.com to download apps, learn more about your phone or find it if it’s lost.
Get Windows Phone for Windows 8 Update