Last week Microsoft hosted the Windows Phone 8 Jump Start training, a fast-paced and demo-packed learning ‘experience’ tailored to show developers how to build responsive, appealing, and effective applications quickly.
If you missed this outstanding event, you’re in luck. All 20 modules are now available online for your on-demand viewing, (or download) on Channel 9.
Here’s a full outline of the course that was delivered, with direct links to each module. For those of you who are new to the world of Windows Phone, this is a great way to start developing apps right away.
- Mod 01a: Introducing Windows Phone 8 Development Part 1
- Mod 01b: Introducing Windows Phone 8 Development Part 2
- Mod 02: Designing Windows Phone 8 Apps
- Mod 03: Building Windows Phone 8 Apps
- Mod 04: Files and Storage on Windows Phone 8
- Mod 05: Windows Phone 8 Application Lifecycle
- Mod 06: Background Agents
- Mod 07: Tiles and Lock Screen Notifications
- Mod 08: Push Notifications
- Mod 09: Using Phone Resources in Windows Phone 8
- Mod 10: App to App Communication in Windows Phone 8
- Mod 11: Network Communication in Windows Phone 8
- Mod 12: Proximity Sensors and Bluetooth in Windows Phone 8
- Mod 13: Speech Input in Windows Phone 8
- Mod 14: Maps and Location in Windows Phone 8
- Mod 15: Wallet Support
- Mod 16: In-App Purchasing
- Mod 17: The Windows Phone Store
- Mod 18: Enterprise App Architecture
- Mod 19: Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 Cross Platform Development
- Mod 20: Mobile Web