In what is believed to be a phone manufacturer first, Nokia is providing the mechanical drawings for the Lumia 820’s back shell so you can modify and enhance the design then print it out on a 3D printer.
Now it’s up to you to come up with practical, innovative, or downright crazy concepts to put onto your phone. Some ideas we had include:
- Built-in belt clip or loop
- Attachment point for camera accessories
- Raised texture for non-slip grip
- Winding post for headphone cable
- Car mount
- Bicycle mount
- Backpack hanger
- Camera accessories
- Extra SIM or MicroSD holder
Visit Nokia’s 3D printing wiki page to learn more and to download the files to begin designing and printing.
Source Nokia Developer Wiki