Important Note: This app only works with a Garmin HUD+ device. For further information, please visit http://www.garmin.com/hudplus
The app needs at least 1.1 GB of free internal memory. Memory cards are NOT supported due to Microsoft restrictions. After installing the app, you must download the maps and system files over WiFi before you can use it.
The Garmin HUD app provides detailed navigation information to your Garmin HUD+ device so it can beam turn-by-turn directions and more right onto your windshield for easy viewing while driving. To use the app, you must pair your phone with a Garmin HUD+ device via Bluetooth®. Once paired, the Garmin HUD app transforms into a full-featured navigation app.
- Voice-guided turn-by-turn directions
- Millions of preloaded points of interest including gas stations, restaurants and other businesses
- Maps install to your device, so wireless coverage isn’t required
- Includes free map updates (one map update per year)
- Active lane assistant
- Reality View Pro
- MyRoutes calculates up to three routes in parallel
- Integrated red light and speed camera database
- Knows your current speed and posted speed limit (for most major roads)
- Current and forecasted weather conditions at destination
Upgrade with optional in-app purchases:
- Traffic Live – Live traffic updates and alerts
- Sound & 3D – Voice guidance with spoken street names and Panorama View 3D
HERE (Navteq) Map coverage:
United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands
After the first and each subsequent connection to your HUD+ device, this app can also be used without the HUD+ device for up to 30 days. To continue using after 30 days, simply re-pair with your Garmin HUD+. We recommend using Garmin’s charging equipment which is part of the HUD+ delivery.